Praca i finansowanie: Pokaż
The Wacław Lednicki Award in the Humanities | Nagroda
Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America (PIASA)
DyscyplinyAntropologia Nauki o sztuce Nauki o komunikacji Kulturoznawstwo Etnologia Filmoznawstwo Gender studies Historia Studia żydowskie Nauki o języku Literaturoznawstwo Inna Filozofia Nauki o religii Slawistyka Teatrologia
Named after the first director of the Literature and Arts Section of the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America, the Wacław Lednicki Award recognizes the most outstanding book or creative work published, produced or presented in any of the fields encompassed within the Humanities as defined by the National Endowment for the Humanities, to include fine arts, history, languages, literature, philosophy, religion, etc. However, since Polish history has its own PIASA award, works in this field are ineligible. The recipient of the Wacław Lednicki Award in the Humanities will receive a $1000 prize and will also be recognized during the PIASA’s annual conference at Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, June 9-11, 2023.
- If the nomination is based on a book, film, play or literary translation, it must be written or rendered in the English language.
- The book or cultural product must have been published or appeared in 2021.
- Both books containing original research or new, original syntheses are eligible for consideration; edited collections and self-publications are ineligible.
Nominations, including self-nominations, should include:
- A cover letter marking the submission as “Wacław Lednicki Award Nomination”
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee
- Three copies of the nominated book, one for each member of the award committee
Questions, including those related to contact information for sending nominations to award committee members, should be directed to Robert Blobaum at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lednicki Award winner will be selected by the following group of scholars:
Marek Haltof, Northern Michigan University.
Kris Salata, Florida State University.
Joanna Trzeciak Huss, Kent State University.