Praca i finansowanie: Pokaż
The Bronisław Malinowski Award in the Social Sciences | Nagroda
Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America (PIASA)
DyscyplinyAntropologia Ekonomia Stosunki międzynarodowe Nauki o polityce Socjologia
Named for the eminent social scientist and founding member and first president of the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America, the Bronisław Malinowski Award recognizes a scholar in one of the fields of the social sciences who has written a book or seminal publication of particular value and significance dealing with an aspect of the Polish experience. In past instances, the Malinowski Award has also recognized a scholar’s outstanding body of published work. The book, outstanding publication, or body of work should represent exemplary scholarly research published in the fields encompassed by the social sciences, including anthropology, economics, political science and sociology, according to standards recognized by those disciplines. The recipient of the Bronislaw Malinowski Award in the Social Sciences will receive a $1000 prize and will also be recognized during the PIASA’s annual conference at Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, June 9-11, 2023.
- The book, publication, or body of work must be written in the English language.
- The book or publication must have appeared in 2021. If the nomination is based on a body of work, it must include a significant publication within the last five calendar years.
- Publications containing original research or new, original syntheses are eligible for consideration; edited collections and self-published books are ineligible.
Nominations, including self-nominations, should include:
- A cover letter marking the submission as a “Bronislaw Malinowski Award Nomination”
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee
- Three copies of the nominated publication, one for each member of the committee
Questions, including those related to contact information for sending nominations to award committee members, should be directed to Robert Blobaum at email@example.com
The Bronislaw Malinowski Award recipient will be selected by the following group of scholars:
Michael Bernhard, University of Florida.
Jan Kubik, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
Geneviève Zubrzycki, University of Michigan.