Praca i finansowanie: Pokaż
Teaching fellowship for advanced Polish researchers in the MA program in European Studies at European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) | Oferta pracy
MA European Studies, Europa-Universität Viadrina
DyscyplinyKulturoznawstwo Ekonomia Nauki prawne Nauki o polityce
The Master in European Studies (MES) is a multi-lingual, interdisciplinary, cross-faculty MA program at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder). Students acquire a broad, critical view of cultural, political, economic and legal developments in Europe and the European Union.
In order to broaden our course portfolio on Poland in the European context with a special regard to Poland’s relations with nearby states such as Belarus, Ukraine and Russia, to strengthen our cooperation with Polish universities, and to intensify exchange between German and Polish students, MES has established a teaching fellowship for advanced Polish researchers, funded by the Meyer-Struckmann Foundation.
The MES hereby invites one scholar from a Polish university to visit Viadrina as a fellow from 1 April to 30 September 2024, with the objective of achieving these goals.
- Teaching requirements: two courses at MA level in the field of European Studies
- Public lecture on a topic related to German-Polish relations, Poland’s interconnections with Belarus, Russia or Ukraine, the Weimar triangle, Polish EU policy, or similar topic
- Guiding a group of Viadrina students during a 3-day visit to the home institution in Poland
- Affiliation with a Polish university
- Doctorate in Social Sciences, Political Sciences or Economics
- Research profile in the field of European Studies
- Teaching experience at MA level
- Very good command of English
- Readiness to be present in Frankfurt (Oder) at least three days a week (April–July, September)
- No previous regular teaching assignment within the MES program (including double degree programs)
- The fellowship offers 3,200 EUR per month, granted for a period of 6 months (April–September).
- Additionally, the fellow will receive a lump sum of 300 EUR for travel expenses.
- Work space at Viadrina will be provided, along with access to the university’s library.
Application documents (in English)
- Letter of motivation, including titles for two suggested courses
- List of publications
- List of courses taught previously
The application deadline is 30 November 2023. Please direct your application (consisting of pdf files only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please check our website: www.kuwi.europa-uni.de/mes or contact Ms Ruth Geiger (email@example.com).