New challenges demand new answers - one thing has become clear in recent months: business-as-usual is no longer feasible nor sustainable. Instead, now more than ever, we need forward-looking approaches and proposals for future coexistence in our democratic societies. The challenges are transnational, and Europeans are not alone in their search for possible answers.
In particular, the current exceptional situation is creating a window of opportunity and a ground for innovative and unusual ideas. How do we want to live together? How can our democratic societies be strengthened? How can a modern understanding of living democracy emerge? These questions are gaining relevance and are pushing the young generation in particular.
On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the city partnerships between Berlin and Warsaw (2021), as well as Berlin and Budapest (2022), the summer academy is dedicated in particular to the German, Polish and Hungarian perspectives. It is also about how the pandemic was dealt with and measures against infection - also in the context of the democratic status quo.
The five-day summer academy in the form of an ideas laboratory will be dedicated to the central questions of democracy of the future in various interactive formats and workshops from different European perspectives. In an intercultural setting, the participants will discuss, imagine and co-create possible answers to cross-border questions on various facets of a modern, demanding democracy. In peer-to-peer exchanges and discussion with experts, the participants will work out innovative and exciting perspectives for the future.
In brief :
- When: 19. – 23.07.2021
- Who: Young adults between 18 to 25 years old from Germany, Poland, and Hungary
- Advanced knowledge of English is required
- Where: European Academy Berlin
- How: Please complete the application form and send it to Khrystyna Miftakhov, email@example.com until 30.06.2021.
- Fee: The fee is 69€ and includes program costs, accommodation, and meals (travel expenses can be partly covered).
Note: We are keeping an eye on the current developments around the Covid-19 situation. All applicable hygiene regulations and measures will be observed during the seminar.
You will find further information and a registration form here.
Europäische Akademie Berlin, Bismarckallee 46/48 14193 Berlin Deutschland
- Telefon: +49 (0)30 89 59 51 17
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: https://www.eab-berlin.eu/de/veranstaltung/19-07-2021/demokratie-neu-gedacht-neu-thoughts-democracy