We are convinced that the general perception of women in the public sphere should be changed for the better. While men often still receive more attention, especially in the digital space, we believe that it is time to use the enormous potential of digitalization for female empowerment. Through our project, we want to raise awareness of gender inequality on the Internet and empower young women from Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, and Germany to move more confidently in social media, to participate more intensively in public discourse on the Internet, and to become opinion leaders and influencers that are taken seriously.
Why should you participate in this project?
- Would you like to connect with like-minded women from other countries?
- Are you eager to learn how to use social media functionalities for your purposes and acquire new digital skills?
- Have you always wanted to know how best to respond to hate speech and sexism on the Internet?
- Would you like to develop your digital projects and strategies that will help you advance personally and professionally?
- ...If so, you should definitely join our networking and capacity building project Likes for the better!
The project will consist of five phases:
First phase: Project kick-off (Monday, 5 July 2021 | Online): Get to know each other, network, setting goals, first impulses on gender gaps, and women in the digitalized world.
Second phase: Four capacity building online trainings (6 - 16 July 2021 | online): Online trainings on digital literacy, self-portrayal, and communication in social media, digital storytelling, dealing with sexism and hate speech on the net, design of campaigns/videos/projects online.
Third phase: Regional workshop (Saturday, 24 July 2021 | hybrid & regional: Berlin/Tbilisi/Minsk/Yerevan): Regional meetings (1 day) in the participating countries with occasional live switching to the other sessions, best practices/input from interesting female personalities, development of first ideas for own projects, presentation of the discussion results/exchange of ideas.
Fourth phase: Working phase (August-September 2021 | online and offline): developing strategies/projects/campaigns, etc. (individually or in international teams).
Fifth phase: Closing workshop and networking event (Wednesday, 22 – Friday, 24 September 2021 | Berlin): Joint workshop in Berlin with working phases and completion of the projects as well as a definition of further goals/strategies, ambassadors/train the trainer elements. Note: We are keeping an eye on the current developments around the Covid-19 situation.
What are the application requirements?
- You are a woman and between 18 and 30 years old
- Your principal place of residence is Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, or Germany
- You are interested in politics and/or active in civil society
- You are fascinated by the opportunities of social media
- Fluent command of English
What do you need for your application?
A short video (filmed with your mobile phone, 2-3 minutes) in which you introduce yourself by answering the following questions:
- Who are you, and what are you passionate about?
- What would you use your newly acquired skills/established networks for?
- Who is your favorite female Youtuber/podcaster/Instagrammer etc., and why?
Participation is free of charge. The application deadline is 6 June 2021.
Please send your application via e-mail to Khrystyna Miftakhov, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that participation in all project phases is obligatory.
We are looking forward to your application!
You will find further information and a registration form here.
Europäische Akademie Berlin, Bismarckallee 46/48 | 14193 Berlin
- Telefon: +49 (0)30 89 59 51 17
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- URL: https://www.eab-berlin.eu/de/projekt/likes-better-digital-female-empowerment