Jobs & Funding: Show
The inaugural Karol Pilarczyk Foundation Award to Promote Democracy and the Rule of Law | Award
The Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America (PIASA)
DisciplinesAnthropology Art history Communication studies Cultural studies Economics Ethnology Film studies Gender studies Geography History International relations Jewish studies Jurisprudence Linguistics Literary studies Media studies Other Philosophy Political science Religious studies Slavic studies Sociology Theatre studies Translation studies
The Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America (PIASA) is pleased to announce a call for nominations for its inaugural Karol Pilarczyk Foundation Award to Promote Democracy and the Rule of Law
The Karol Pilarczyk Foundation Award furthers democracy and the rule of law by funding Polish and non-Polish citizens working in the areas of Polish studies and culture who seek to facilitate these broad goals. It is intended to support individual academics, journalists, writers, researchers, scientists, and artists by recognizing and publicizing the recipient’s accomplishments and/or promoting their future endeavors as relevant to the award’s general purpose through scholarship and creative work.
The recipient of the Karol Pilarczyk Foundation Award will receive a $5000 prize and will also be recognized during PIASA’s annual conference in New Britain, Connecticut, June 9-10, 2023.
• The nomination should be based on a book, article, film, play, literary work, or project promoting democracy and the rule of law.
• The nominee’s accomplishments or future project must be related to Poland or, if not directly related to Poland, must be authored, created, or proposed by a person of Polish heritage, broadly understood.
Nominations, including self-nominations, should include:
• A cover letter marking the submission as “The Karol Pilarczyk Foundation Nomination.”
• A curriculum vitae of the nominee.
• Description of the nominee’s accomplishments or future project for which an award is sought and its contribution to democracy and the rule of law.
The deadline for nominations is May 1, 2023. PIASA’s Board of Directors will serve as the award committee and is expected to reach a decision by May 15, 2023.
Nominations should be directed to the President of PIASA, Robert Blobaum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.