Call for Articles [EN]
Call for Articles
This year, Pol-Int starts its new academic blog, called the "Salon", which will focus on topics within the title of "Interdisciplinary Dimensions of Energy and the Environment in Central Europe". From April until October 2016, we will regularly publish different contributions (articles, reviews, interviews and more) in Polish, English and/or German that will deal with aspects such as energy security, environmental and low carbon policies, protection of nature and animals, among others. A group of young scholars in collaboration with the Pol-Int editing team is moderating the blog. We will also organise some expert events in order to bridge the gap between digital and analogue discussion.
We would be very happy to find more experts from the "Energy and Environment" field who would like to contribute with a short article, a review, a conference report or something similar. New topics, creative formats as well as republications are very welcome!
We are looking for texts that are
- Of an impulsive character (What? Who? How? When? Why? With what aim?)
- Written in English, Polish or German
- About 5.000 to 10.000 characters long
- Highly readable and possibly offering some creative perspectives (pictures, links, etc.)
- Understandable for an interdisciplinary global readership
- Related to Central Europe (especially Poland)
- At an academic level
- Following the principles of good scientific practice
- Dealing, for example, with the following topics: energy security, coal, gas, renewable energies, climate policies in the EU/worldwide, energy market, diversification of energy sources and ways of transport, energy transition, cooperation in the energy sector, civil society activities in the fields of energy and environment as well as urban shrinkage, urban-rural life, protection of nature and animals, nature and tourism, Animal Studies, etc.
If you have any questions, ideas or comments please do not hesitate to contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you! Please forward this CfA to interested parties. Thank you!
Best wishes on behalf of the Pol-Int team