The Herder Institute for Historical Research on East Central Europe provides research fellowships for scholars from both East Central European countries and Western Europe for a stay of up to three months in Marburg.
There are two types of research fellowships:
- Short Term Fellowship for Junior researchers: This fellowship is addressed to PhD students and young postdocs. It allows a short-term, intensive research stay (up to one month) in the collections. The fellowship holders will have the opportunity to present their projects within the framework of the meetings of the Leibniz Graduate School or to turn to its scientists for advice/or to seek advice from its members.
- Fellowship for experienced researchers: This fellowship is granted for up to three months and is conditional on filing a detailed progress report. Funding is also available within this fellowship for the organization of a workshop.
Good German or English skills are a necessary condition to apply for the programme.
There are two application deadlines each year:
- For stays between January and June – application deadline: 30 June in the preceding year.
- For stays between July and December – application deadline: 31 December in the preceding year.
Herder Institute for Historical Research on East Central Europe, – Direktion –, Gisonenweg 5-7, 35037 Marburg
- Telefon: +49 (0)6421 184 0
- E-Mail: email@example.com