The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center (REEEC) and the Slavic Reference Service (SRS) at the University of Illinois are excited to announce a Call for Applications for the 48th annual Summer Research Laboratory (SRL) program. Traditionally, the SRL is an in-person event, with scholars receiving support to travel to Champaign-Urbana. Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, this year's SRL will be held as a Virtual SRL(VSRL), with REEEC and SRS working to support scholars through remote, virtual programming, research assistance, professional development opportunities, and collections and database access.
This year's VSRL is made possible by generous support from the US Department of State, through its Program for Research and Training on Eastern Europe and Eurasia Independent States of the Former Soviet Union (Title VIII).
WHAT THE LAB OFFERS:
- Designation as a REEEC Virtual Summer Research Laboratory Associate.
- Virtual research support for general and specialized queries throughout the Summer and beyond. Associates may also request a personalized bibliographic session with the Slavic Reference Service through Zoom.
- Access to digital and database collections of our Library for an extended period.
- A free of charge duplication service for University of Illinois Library materials. Restricted to 15 pages per request and subject to copyright restrictions.
- Thematic and skill-building workshop events as well as opportunities to present and discuss work in progress. For a list of topics, organizers, and dates, see below. A fuller abstract of these workshops may be found on our website.
- US citizens are eligible to apply for a $1000 Title VIII Research Award to support their research work.