The KNOW (Knowledge Complexity and Memory - https://imsert.umk.pl/en/center/know-team/ ) research team, operating within the University Center of Excellence IMSErt - Interacting Minds, Societies, Environments, headed by Adam Kola (https://adamkola.eu/ ), is looking for a postdoc researcher on the history of science/knowledge in Central and Eastern Europe, using methods of complexity science and/or digital humanities.
The postdoc position is part of a new project - Initiative of Excellence - Research University, under which Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun was selected as one of the ten best universities in Poland and supported by additional funds for the development of scientific potential. The Centre of Excellence IMSErt is the flagship institution within the project, the only one dedicated specifically to research in the humanities and social sciences. It is characterised by opening to new research areas, strong internationalisation, high competitiveness and scientific excellence.
1. Master's degree
2. PhD in humanities
3. Research focusing on one of the following fields:
• History of knowledge, history of science, history of humanities, with special interest in Eastern and Central Europe
• complexity science and/or digital humanities
5. Research and academic output:
• publications in reviewed journals (with particular emphasis on those published in the Web of Science or Scopus databases), enclosing copies of three selected publications is recommended
• active participation in international academic and research conferences
• participating in research grant projects
• experience in international academic cooperation (e.g. internships, academic grants, etc.
6. proficiency in English and the selected Central and Eastern European language (oral and written; all or part of the interview will be conducted by teleconference with the selected candidates in the first half of September 2020).
Conditions of employment
Employment contract for the position of Postdoc – Research Adjunct at the Faculty of Humanities, the University Center of Excellence IMSErt - Interacting Minds, Societies, Environments of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń for a period of 12 months with the possibility to extend the employment to 24 months.
History of knowledge, history of science, history of humanities, Eastern and Central Europe, complexity science, digital humanities, knowledge visualization, network analysis, data science
Faculty of Humanities, the University Center of Excellence IMSErt - Interacting Minds, Societies, Environments
History of science/knowledge in Central and Eastern Europe
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following.
The documents should be submitted to the secretariat of the Centre of Excellence IMSErt UMK in Toruń, Fosa Staromiejska 3, 87-100 Toruń, room 401a by 21.08.2020 or by e-mail: email@example.com
The contest will be settled by 22.09.2020.
Planned employment from 1.10.2020.
The University does not provide accommodation.
For further information regarding this position, please contact the Director of the University Centre of Excellence IMSErt – Adam Kola: firstname.lastname@example.org
ContactAdam Kola/University Centre of Excellence IMSErt
- E-Mail: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org