The Master in European Studies (MES) is a multi-lingual, interdisciplinary, cross-faculty MA program at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder). Students acquire a broad, critical view of cultural, political, economic and legal developments in Europe and the European Union.
Poland is one of the primary geographic focal points of the university and of MES, as currently reflected in a double degree program with Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań as well as vital exchange with Polish researchers and lecturers.In order to broaden our course offerings with regard to Poland in the European context, strengthen our cooperation with Polish universities, and intensify exchange between German and Polish students, MES has established a teaching fellowship for advanced Polish researchers, funded by the Meyer-Struckmann Foundation. We invite one scholar from a Polish university to visit Viadrina as a fellow from April 1 to September 30, 2022, with the objective of achieving these goals. Based on the longlasting partnership with the Adam Mickiewicz University, Viadrina is continuing its efforts in network building and wants to invite scholars from further Polish universities. The fellowship will be awarded in accordance with the foundation's funding guidelines.
- Teaching requirements: two courses at MA level in the field of European Studie
- Public lecture on a topic related to German-Polish relations, the Weimar triangle, Polish EU policy, or similar topic
- Guiding a group of Viadrina students during a 3-day visit to the home institution in Poland
- Affiliation with a Polish university
- Doctorate in Social Sciences, Political Sciences or Economics
- Research profile in the field of European Studies
- Teaching experience at MA level
- Very good command of English
- Readiness to be present in Frankfurt (Oder) at least three days a week (April–July, September)
- No previous regular teaching assignment within the MES program (including the double degree programs)
- The fellowship offers 3,200 EUR per month, granted for a period of 6 months (April–September).
- Additionally, the fellow will receive a lump sum of 300 EUR for travel expenses.
- Work space at Viadrina will be provided, along with access to the university's library.
Application documents (in English)
- Letter of motivation, including titles for two suggested courses
- List of publications
- List of courses taught previously
The application deadline is October 31, 2021. Please direct your application (consisting of pdf files only) to email@example.com. For further information, please check our website: www.kuwi.europa-uni.de/mes or contact Ms. Ruth Geiger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- E-Mail: email@example.com