Polish-German workcamp „Exploring Krzyżowa and Lower Silesia“ | Sonstiges
Stiftung Kreisau für Europäische Verständigung
DisziplinenGeschichtswissenschaft Internationale Beziehungen
Work together, connect with international people, get to know another language, explore the place and history of Krzyżowa and Lower Silesia, discuss current topics together – all this will be part of the German-Polish workcamp from August, 22th to August, 28th 2022 in Krzyżowa.
Krzyżowa (Kreisau) is a beautiful village in Lower Silesia, near the Owl Mountains. Located 60 km south from Wrcolaw (Breslau). This place is an important place in the history of and the relation between the two countries. Here, a german resistance group, the Kreisau Circle, met to develop plans against the fascist regime of Nazi Germany. And later in time, the significant event of the Polish-German Reconciliation Mass took place in Krzyżowa.
During the workcamp, the participants will not only work together to restore the old Protestant cemetery in Krzyżowa, but will also join in the creation of a permaculture garden, which was established by the Foundation. To get to know the region, the program also includes a trip to Wrocław and Świdnica. An important part of the meeting will be to explore the history of Krzyżowa and the Kreisau Circle, as well as a visit to the Memorial Site of the former concentration camp Groß-Rosen. And there will be plenty of time for conversation, exchanging impressions and spending free time together.
Some key information:
- Working language will be English
- Dates: 22.- 28.08.2022
- Number of participants: 15 people from Germany and 15 people from Poland
- Age of participants: 18–25 years old
- Travel for German participants: Individual journey to Berlin, minibus tour as group from Berlin to Krzyżowa
- Travel for Polish participants: individual arrangements to Krzyżowa on own expenses.
- Participation Fee: 100€ / 400 PLN (for full board, program expenses including trips).
- Registration until: 30.06.2022, under the following formular: https://bit.ly/3iy8WeO
Please note: Vaccination against SARS CoV-2 is recommended.