We are currently looking for skilled editors from all areas of the humanities, social, cultural, economic and legal studies that deal with Poland for the online scholastic information and communication platform www.pol-int.org Polish-Studies.Interdisciplinary (Pol-Int). The platform is up and running from the summer semester 2014.
Polish-Studies.Interdisciplinary is based at the Center for Interdisciplinary Polish Studies at the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder) and the Collegium Polonicum (Słubice) and supports the exchange of relevant information about research projects, publications, jobs, funding opportunities and events. In addition, the platform offers the opportunity to network, present and discuss interdisciplinary research on Poland. Intelligent search, feeds and thematic filters provide the registered user individually tailored information. The language of conduct is English, Polish and German.
We are looking for scholars, but also post-graduate and PhD students to work on a voluntary basis as editors responsible for individual disciplines, and/or specific research topics.
- Selecting, ordering and sending new and insightful publications in relevant fields
- Overseeing reviews and editorial content (responsible editors are mentioned by name in any review)
- Attending an annual two-day editorial meeting or training session. (Travel and accommodation covered by Pol-Int).
- Experience in scholarly work in at least one designated area of research;
- Native knowledge in at least one of the three foreign languages, as well as advanced knowledge of at least one other;
- Experience in editorial or academic publications;
- Willingness to collaborate in an international, interdisciplinary editorial board and conceptually contribute to the agenda of Pol-Int;
- Interest and openness to online publication forms and willingness to learn about the online platform.
Please send a current CV including a list of publications and research fields to the Pol-Int editorial team at email@example.com. Please indicate which languages you are most capable of editing and reviewing. All information will remain confidential.
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!
With best wishes