Polish American Historical Association 2023 Annual Meeting | Call for Papers
Polish American Historical Association
DisziplinenAnthropologie Kulturwissenschaft Wirtschaftswissenschaft Ethnologie Geschichtswissenschaft Internationale Beziehungen Sonstige Politikwissenschaft Slawistik Soziologie
ThemenArea Studies Zeitgeschichte Diaspora Innenpolitik Wirtschaftsgeschichte Migration
POLISH AMERICAN HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION 2023 ANNUAL MEETING
CALL FOR PAPERS
The deadline for submissions is April 15, 2022. Abstracts for papers and panel proposals should be submitted to Marta Cieslak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Polish American Historical Association’s 79th annual meeting will be held in Philadelphia as part of the 136th yearly meeting of the American Historical Association from January 5–8, 2023.
We invite scholars who study the Polish American communities or the greater Polish diaspora as well as those who deal with migration, ethnic, and/or regional studies and would like to join discussions related (but not limited) to the following topics:
- Polish Americans and their relationship to Poland and/or historically Polish lands
- Polish Americans and their contributions to the civic, institutional, and political life of the United States
- Intersections of ethnicity, nationality, class, gender, and race in Polish American and/or comparative contexts
- Various meanings of ethnic/national heritage in Polish American and/or comparative contexts
- Identity politics and the role of migrations in the past and contemporary world in Polish American and/or comparative contexts
- Immigration to the USA and state building in Poland or historically Polish lands and in the United States
- Transatlantic migrations to the Americas in Polish American and/or comparative contexts
- State building in Poland or historically Polish lands and migrant communities in North and South America.
- Heritage, legacy, and roles that ethnicities and/or nationalities play in the modern world in Polish American and/or comparative contexts
- Polish Americans vs. other ethnic groups in a comparative perspective on both American continents and in Europe
- Responses to Polish transatlantic migrations in Europe, also in a comparative perspective
We invite proposals for sessions as well as individual papers related to all aspects of the Polish American experience (in history, sociology, literature, art, music, etc.) on both American continents. We are committed to putting together well-researched and argued proposals in panels consisting of three participants.
Individual participants should include the following information when submitting a proposal:
- Paper title(s) and short abstracts (of no more than 300 words)
- Biographical paragraph (up to 250 words)
- Please indicate if you are willing to serve as a chair for a session
- Also, note if you need A/V.
Panel/session organizers should include the following information when submitting a panel proposal:
- Paper/Session abstract(s) (up to 300/500 words)
- E-mail address for each participant
- Biographical paragraph (up to 250 words) for each participant
- Chair and commentator for the session
- Also, note if you need A/V.
All presenters are encouraged to consider submission of their papers for publication in PAHA's peer-reviewed journal Polish American Studies: http://polishamericanstudies.org/text/13/polish-american-studies.html."